Friday 15 October 2010

Beck-The Information

During my search of websites to help with my dissertation research, I came across a site called Sleevage (www.sleevage.com) where they discuss interesting album covers and artworks and I came across a page on Beck's album "The Information" which has a blank grid booklet and comes with stickers so that the owner of the CD can decide on the composition and layout of the artwork. Intrigued and also a fan of Beck, I decided to purchase the album and give it a go myself. Not only have I enjoyed listening to the album, but I found the whole concept of the artwork a really great idea and after being too scared to use the stickers for a week, I decided to come home and give it a go today.

As well as being able to see what I have done, Beck's website (http://www.beckgallery.co.uk/) has other peoples submissions too and it appears each album came with a different set of stickers which makes each arrangement even more unique and provide even more possibilities, especially if people get together to decorate their albums.






Front and back of booklet











Inside of booklet











And the front and back of the CD case. I was happy with how it turned out, but there wasn't enough stickers that would make a background in my set. Good bit of fun though and shows why we should carry on buying CD's!

No comments:

Post a Comment