Monday 26 April 2010

The Sketchbook Format is Official!

Ok so today we had to decide on our idea as we need a prototype for Thursday. Being unsure if the sketchbook would work as my format I did think of some other ideas but they were no where near as good. My tutor David liked the idea and said using my own personal sketchbook as the content would be interesting if it is showing my thoughts throughout the project. I showed the book to him and the other people in the tutorial and it went down well! I am very happy that I am on the right track with the idea.

In terms of my digital transformation for the sketchbook, I'm not sure what I will use as of yet. I did experiment in using pdf with an older sketchbook just as a test, but I will experiment with different software. David said I can even use any existing software, I don't need to worry about animating and stuff (which I'm not very confident with, plus we now only have 5 weeks) and I can even make a film. So I will experiment with a couple of things tommorow, maybe Issu and even make a quick video too.

I will also need to write up my research at some point too, luckily I have already selected a list of blogs from "An Illustrated Life" (see previous post).

So with that I bid working goodnight, but here is some examples of my sketchbook so far (using a moleskin pocket sketchbook which is really cool!)











No comments:

Post a Comment