Thursday 28 October 2010

Major Project Brief - A Gentle way to Exercise

I have begun developing ideas for one of my major project briefs. The project is about staying healthy WITHOUT doing heavy forms of exercise such as weight lifting or marathon running. I take it that there is no specific age group to focus on, so at the moment I'm thinking of aiming mine towards teenagers 12-16 mainly because child hood obesity is getting worse and not everyone likes playing sports at that age (I certainly didn't!) There is also a personal link as I was unhealthy and overweight as a child, until I was about 15 years old when I became really interested in playing drums and started to develop more of a social life and build up my confidence.

So my idea for the campaign is "Walk Regularly" "Eat Healthily" and "Play an instrument", this has been my lifestyle for the past 6 odd years and it has worked despite having a rubbish metabolism.(I'm 32 waist now!) A few years ago I tried going to the gym but I ended up gaining a lot of weight when full time work got in the way even though I was walking and playing the drums.

Found an article about the importance of walking, I also found one about drumming too so here they are:

http://www.ccohs.ca/oshanswers/psychosocial/walking.html

http://www.rockdrummingsystem.com/underground/drum-articles/the-benefits-of-drumming.php

So far the design is based on American style crossing signs namely the famous WALK and am doing good things as green and bad things as red as in STOP DOING IT!


























As you can see way too much text and the images are a bit too simple, this is just the very early ideas stage.

No comments:

Post a Comment